The Oil & Gas Authority Podcast brings people together to openly discuss hot topics within the industry.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST VIA:
Surviving and thriving: what’s next for the UK’s oil and gas supply chain companies?
The OGA’s Director of HR and Supply Chain, Stuart Payne, discusses this important theme with valuable insights from guests:
- Sian Lloyd Rees, Head of UK and SVP Europe and Africa - Aker Solutions
- Rebecca Rowland, Contracts and Proposals Analyst - Transocean
- Stuart Broadley, CEO - EIC
This episode invites industry experts to discuss real-life experiences and observations from working with UK oil and gas supply chain companies. What is the mood like following the lows of the recent downturn? What strengths do these companies have, both domestically and globally? And what opportunities and challenges come to mind when thinking about energy transition and digitisation? We hear about how the landscape has changed in recent years, the vital role technology has - and will continue to play - in this industry, and what needs to be done to help companies navigate the path towards net zero.
The OGA's Chief Executive Andy Samuel debates this important issue with leading industry figures:
- Hedda Felin, Managing Director UK at Equinor
- Sinead Lynch, UK Country Chair at Shell
- Charlotte Hartley, Regulatory Pilot at Pale Blue Dot Energy
- Harry Thorne, Lead Business Advisor at Oil & Gas UK
- Jonathan Dredge, Policy Advisor at OGA
This episode delves into how industry is balancing the demand for oil and gas with strategies to deliver ambitious emissions targets. The guests discuss the changing energy supply but also how the public’s attitudes to consumption is also changing. We also hear about the steps industry is making to diversify and integrate offshore power generation. This includes: platform electrification; carbon capture and storage; gas to wire; enhanced oil recovery; hydrogen projects; and the role of the OGA in supporting this.
Chief Executive Andy Samuel and Nick Richardson, Head of Exploration & New Ventures, get the lowdown on the exploration scene with three industry leaders:
- Jenny Morris, Head of Exploration UK & Ireland at Equinor
- Mohamed-Amine Soudani, Exploration Manager at Total
- Eliza Larrett, General Manager, UK Exploration at CNOOC International
The episode delves into the leaders’ thoughts on whether the UKCS is witnessing a turning point - a revival in exploration. We hear the inside story on the recent significant discoveries, Total’s Glendronach, Equinor’s Verbier and CNOOC’s Glengorm discoveries, which were welcome news, following a period of some of lowest levels of activity since the 1960s.
Podcast hosts, Chief Executive Andy Samuel and Director of HR and Supply Chain Stuart Payne, strike an open and enjoyable conversation with three guests from the Future Industry Leaders Programme (FILP):
- Victoria Cameron, Business Coordination Manager at Kellas Midstream Limited
- Niall Rowantree, Strategy and Analytics Leader at Total
- Jenny Stanning, External Affairs Manager at Oil & Gas UK
For the Vision 2035 series, five industry leaders get together to talk about the sector’s shared ambition for the future and its contribution to the economy for many decades to come.
Did you enjoy listening to our podcast episodes?
We are keen to hear from listeners with any feedback or suggestions for future topics.
Please submit ideas to email@example.com