The Oil & Gas Authority Podcast brings people together to openly discuss hot topics within the industry.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST VIA:
Bitesize - From resilience to recovery?
In our first bitesize episode, our Supply Chain and Exports Task Force co-chairs Stuart Payne and John Pearson catch up on the immediate priorities of the Task Force as they work to support industry. They question what can be done in these testing times to keep more people in work and more companies anchored in the UK, whilst also keeping a very firm focus on the long-term action that is needed to reach net zero.
Power in difference: valuing the voices of our workforce
Hosted by Chrissie Innes, Communications Manager at the OGA, the episode centres around the opinions of two highly experienced diversity and inclusion consultants:
- Claire Harvey – Founder at Anatta Ltd
- Chris Gibbons – Director at Inside Inclusion
The episode also features the authentic voices of individuals working in the oil and gas industry, highlighting their passion and pride for the topic, and giving invaluable suggestions about how both companies and individuals can go further:
- Myrtle Dawes – Solution Centre Director at OGTC
- Craig Shanaghey - President Operations Services Europe & Africa at Wood
- Mez Riezia – Business Advisor at Oil and Gas UK
- Susan Grayson - Director, Resourcing, Talent, D&I and L&D at Spirit Energy
- Dr Ollie Folayan - Chairman, AFBE-UK Scotland
Working within social distancing measures, this episode called for a new level of creativity and technological patience, with the entire recording being carried out remotely from each guest’s own home.
Surviving and thriving: what’s next for the UK’s oil and gas supply chain companies?
The OGA’s Director of HR and Supply Chain, Stuart Payne, discusses this important theme with valuable insights from guests:
- Sian Lloyd Rees, Head of UK and SVP Europe and Africa - Aker Solutions
- Rebecca Rowland, Contracts and Proposals Analyst - Transocean
- Stuart Broadley, CEO - EIC
This episode invites industry experts to discuss real-life experiences and observations from working with UK oil and gas supply chain companies. What is the mood like following the lows of the recent downturn? What strengths do these companies have, both domestically and globally? And what opportunities and challenges come to mind when thinking about energy transition and digitisation? We hear about how the landscape has changed in recent years, the vital role technology has - and will continue to play - in this industry, and what needs to be done to help companies navigate the path towards net zero.
The OGA's Chief Executive Andy Samuel debates this important issue with leading industry figures:
- Hedda Felin, Managing Director UK at Equinor
- Sinead Lynch, UK Country Chair at Shell
- Charlotte Hartley, Regulatory Pilot at Pale Blue Dot Energy
- Harry Thorne, Lead Business Advisor at Oil & Gas UK
- Jonathan Dredge, Policy Advisor at OGA
This episode delves into how industry is balancing the demand for oil and gas with strategies to deliver ambitious emissions targets. The guests discuss the changing energy supply but also how the public’s attitudes to consumption is also changing. We also hear about the steps industry is making to diversify and integrate offshore power generation. This includes: platform electrification; carbon capture and storage; gas to wire; enhanced oil recovery; hydrogen projects; and the role of the OGA in supporting this.
Chief Executive Andy Samuel and Nick Richardson, Head of Exploration & New Ventures, get the lowdown on the exploration scene with three industry leaders:
- Jenny Morris, Head of Exploration UK & Ireland at Equinor
- Mohamed-Amine Soudani, Exploration Manager at Total
- Eliza Larrett, General Manager, UK Exploration at CNOOC International
The episode delves into the leaders’ thoughts on whether the UKCS is witnessing a turning point - a revival in exploration. We hear the inside story on the recent significant discoveries, Total’s Glendronach, Equinor’s Verbier and CNOOC’s Glengorm discoveries, which were welcome news, following a period of some of lowest levels of activity since the 1960s.
Podcast hosts, Chief Executive Andy Samuel and Director of HR and Supply Chain Stuart Payne, strike an open and enjoyable conversation with three guests from the Future Industry Leaders Programme (FILP):
- Victoria Cameron, Business Coordination Manager at Kellas Midstream Limited
- Niall Rowantree, Strategy and Analytics Leader at Total
- Jenny Stanning, External Affairs Manager at Oil & Gas UK
For the Vision 2035 series, five industry leaders get together to talk about the sector’s shared ambition for the future and its contribution to the economy for many decades to come.
Did you enjoy listening to our podcast episodes?
We are keen to hear from listeners with any feedback or suggestions for future topics.
Please submit ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org