MER UK Steering Group
The MER UK Steering Group currently has 13 members and is co-chaired by Andy Samuel, OGA and Jean-Luc Guiziou, Total. They will meet at least twice a year and agree topics to be discussed at the MER UK Forum, have oversight of the six Task Forces and provide assurance on the delivery of their activities. They will also discuss and review key strategic issues facing the industry.
Minutes of Meetings
- MER UK Forum Steering Group Meeting, 22nd August 2019
- MER UK Forum Steering Group Meeting, 29th May 2019
- MER UK Forum Steering Group Meeting, 7th March 2019
- MER UK Forum Steering Group Meeting, 30 October 2018
- MER UK Forum Steering Group Meeting, 17 July 2018
- MER UK Forum Steering Group Meeting, 18 April 2018
- MER UK Forum Steering Group Meeting, 25 January 2018
- MER UK Forum Steering Group Meeting, 21st June, 2017
- MER UK Forum Steering Group Meeting, 6th April, 2017
MER UK Steering Group: Terms of Reference (ToR)
This group will focus on steering the MER UK Task Forces and provide a platform to discuss and review key strategic issues affecting the oil and gas industry.
The Steering Group will:
- Have oversight of the 6 task forces, ensuring there is no duplication or gaps in the work being undertaken by the task forces and that task force activities support the achievement of MER UK.
- Steer and provide assurance on the delivery of task force activities.
- Review key strategic issues such as industrial strategy, collaboration & OGA/Industry interface.
- Identify and agree the key topics to be discussed at the MER UK Forum.
- Create and disband task forces and/or task and finish groups where appropriate
- Highlight any perceived or real conflicts of interest to the co-chairs or secretariat.
- When participating in steering group duties members will represent the UK oil and gas industry as a whole and not their individual companies.
- The steering group will be co-chaired by industry and the OGA.
- Members will include the industry leads of the MER UK task forces, and other representatives from the OGA and Oil & Gas UK.
- New additional members to the steering group must be proposed by the Oil & Gas UK board and confirmed by the OGA. All members must have a relevant role and lead a MER UK activity.
- The industry co-chair, MER UK task force leads and O&GUK members will hold their post for a maximum period of two years unless extended with agreement from the O&GUK board and the OGA. Rotations will be phased to minimise disruptions in the steering group and across the task forces.
- Steering group standing members include the OGA and O&GUK Chief Executives.
- The steering group will meet at least twice per year, typically 1 month prior to the MER UK Forum.
- Attendance is strongly encouraged. Members may nominate a suitable task force replacement to attend steering group meetings only if they are unable to attend.
- The OGA will provide secretariat support.
- Steering group members should submit any pre-read materials 5 working days prior to meetings to enable the secretariat to issue these to the group a minimum of 3 workings days prior to the meetings.