This year’s survey has been enhanced based on feedback from Operators and Licensees. A detailed report of the changes can be found below and was updated on 22/09/2021
A reminder of the main changes are listed below:
- This year there will be additional section in the survey named ‘GHG Emissions’. The OGA is collecting data on future greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions which will facilitate the estimation of carbon costs to be included in the assessment of economic recoverability of existing and future oil and gas developments. The OGA is also collecting these data to supplement emissions performance benchmarking to assist in Asset Stewardship engagements and also to monitor the industry’s progress in reducing its GHG emissions.
- All sections will have reviewed section guide notes, including the GHG Emissions.
- Most sections will have improved QC to further enhance data quality – with some requiring clarification comments to try and reduce the correction requests returned.
- Master data (wells, fields, etc) continues to be improved, but still comes with a request for Operator review prior to Survey Launch.
The UKCS Stewardship Survey created a single source of aligned, robust data. Its analysis underpins all aspects of our work. It continues to be used to inform asset stewardship reviews and provide meaningful insights of UKCS fields and hubs, helping to build regional strategies and area plans and aids benchmarking. This approach to data collection also creates a virtuous cycle of data quality improvement over time which was our primary focus for the 2021 launch.
The requests in the UKCS Stewardship Survey are linked to the obligations set out in the Strategy. Areas covered by the survey include:
- Licensing/Exploration and Appraisal
- Reserves & Resources
- Operator activities, including production and costs
- Production Efficiency
- Supply Chain
- GHG Emissions
The 2021 UKCS Stewardship Survey will launch on 1st November 2021 and closes on 25th February 2022.
Please Note: As in previous years the Activity section will close on 14th January 2022. This section closes earlier than the rest of the Survey so that up-to-date data can be used to inform the OGA’s estimates and projections of expenditure and production which it provides to the Office for Budget Responsibility ahead of the Spring Statement.
OGA Stewardship Survey 2021 Supporting Documentation
OGA Stewardship Survey Changes 2021Download PDF | 298KB
GHG Emissions Section GuideDownload PDF | 1499KB
OGA Stewardship Survey User GuideDownload PDF | 760KB
Technology Guidance NotesDownload PDF | 765KB
Production Efficiency Guidance NotesDownload PDF | 2054KB
Decommissioning Guidance NotesDownload PDF | 1443KB
Activity Section Guidance NotesDownload PDF | 1253KB
Supply Chain Guidance NotesDownload PDF | 323KB
OGA Production Efficiency survey - Hub Operators Data Request TemplateDownload XLSX | 50KB
Licensing Section Guidance NotesDownload PDF | 685KB
Exploration and Appraisal Guidance NotesDownload PDF | 284KB
Reserves and Resources Guidance NotesDownload PDF | 494KB
Wells Guidance NotesDownload PDF | 793KB
OGA Stewardship Survey historic supporting documentation
OGA Stewardship Survey Changes 2020Download PDF | 275KB
OGA Stewardship Survey Changes 2019Download PDF | 537KB
2016 Production Efficiency Exercise Query RegisterDownload PDF | 416KB
OGA Stewardship Survey Changes 2018Download PDF | 364KB
OGA Stewardship Survey Changes 2017Download PDF | 567KB
2017 Annual Stewardship survey - Training and awareness sessions presentationDownload PDF | 330KB