Ambition & priorities
Published in April 2019, the OGA's second Corporate Plan outlines the priority activities it will focus on over the next five years (2019-2024).
We have set out our ambition and priorities to help drive focused action and delivery, and have worked closely with the industry to publish a series of sector strategies.
The strategies were developed in consultation with industry and the Task Forces and the actions will be delivered in partnership with other organisations. Our OGA Corporate Plan reinforces the activities in these strategies that the OGA has committed to delivering.
Our ambition is to be a world-leading authority setting the framework for a sustainable and competitive UK oil and gas industry.
Our purpose is to maximise the economic recovery of oil and gas, whilst also supporting the move to net zero carbon by 2050.
Our priorities 2019/24
- Revitalise offshore exploration
- Regulate onshore licensing and consents
Improve asset stewardship
- Attainment and selected update of the stewardship expectations
- Resource progression/maturation
Drive regional development and protect critical infrastructure
- Deliver regional and area plans
- Ensure right assets, right hands
- Stimulate investment
Improve decommissioning efficiency
- Develop collaborative execution models
- Develop an enhanced decommissioning supply chain
Leverage technology and data
- Support adoption and adaption of available technologies
- Promote development of new technologies
- Deliver digital and information excellence
Create the right conditions
- Support the energy transition to a low carbon economy
- Support supply chain resilience
- Drive innovation in new business models
- Transparent use of OGA powers
Develop people, processes and systems
- Regulatory excellence in all OGA activities
- Continue to be a 'Great Place to Work'