Reports: BGS Midland Valley of Scotland Shale
An independent study conducted by the British Geological Survey (BGS) of shale gas and shale oil resources in the Midland Valley of Scotland.
Geoscientists from the BGS have reviewed the geology and estimated the in-place resources for the volume of shale gas and oil in the ground. Reserve and recovery estimation is not possible at this stage. In order to estimate the shale gas and oil reserves, drilling and testing of new wells will be required to understand if commercial production rates could be achieved.
Midland Valley of Scotland Shale Study – Main ReportDownload PDF | 21980KB | 105 pages
Midland Valley of Scotland Shale Study – Main Report (low res)Download PDF | 8484KB | 105 pages
Midland Valley of Scotland Shale Study – Media SummaryDownload PDF | 523KB | 3 pages
Appendices A, B, D, E & FDownload PDF | 11072KB | 82 pages
Appendix CDownload PDF | 7454KB | 10 pages
Midland Valley of Scotland Shale Study – Large Scale Figures 1-29Download PDF | 21507KB | 30 pages
Midland Valley of Scotland Shale Study – Large Scale Figures 30-73Download PDF | 11404KB | 29 pages
Midland Valley of Scotland Cross SectionsDownload PDF | 9311KB | 5 pages
Resources vs Reserves – NoteDownload PDF | 84KB | 3 pages
Note on Appendices A, B, C, D, E & F
- Appendix A is Midland Valley of Scotland resource calculation
- Appendix B is Additional detail on Midland Valley stratigraphy, magmatism, tectonism and oil and gas shows.
- Appendix C is Well and borehole interpretations and correlations
- Appendix D is Results of BGS 2014 Rock-Eval analysis
- Appendix E is Results of BGS 2014 XRD mineralogy analysis
- Appendix F is Well log TOC study