Preston New Road - PNR 1Z - Hydraulic Fracturing Operations Data
Preston New Road - Well PNR-1Z - Data Studies
In February 2019, the OGA announced it would work with recognised and independent geologists and scientists with expertise in hydraulic fracturing, to carry out a scientific analysis of the data gathered during Cuadrilla’s operations at Preston New Road. This analysis now has been completed and the studies can be found below. In addition to the four independent studies the OGA also completed an overview of the experience of injection induced seismicity in other jurisdictions and an interim summary report.
- Impacts of ground motion from seismicity - led by Dr Ben Edwards
- Real-time forecasting to mitigate effects of seismicity – led by Nanometrics Inc.
- Induced seismicity and potential subsurface mechanisms - led by Outer Limits Geophysics
- Innovations in forecasting the distribution of seismicity - led by the British Geological Survey
- Overview of the experience of injection induced seismicity in other jurisdictions – OGA paper
- Interim summary report – OGA paper
Preston New Road - PNR-1Z well - Operations Data
Under the OGA’s licensing regulations we are committed to publishing the data six months after operations have concluded, to promote best practice and lessons learned. The data includes micro seismic event data, pumping data, produced water summary, screen shots of the hydraulic fracturing operations, a seismic event video and the final hydraulic fracture report: