We will use UKCS data to benchmark assets for production efficiency, recovery factor, operating cost and decommissioning cost, the results of which will be communicated confidentially to operators in a non-attributable way to help to improve performance.
We have received feedback from operators requesting that the OGA examines ways of using information and data from its UKCS data repository to enable performance benchmarking.
Benchmarking is integral to the asset stewardship process and will stimulate performance improvement. The OGA is developing benchmarking for production efficiency, recovery factor, operating cost and decommissioning cost.
Key aspects of these benchmarks are:
- External communication of benchmarks will be non-attributable, and anonymised
- Operators will only see their own asset performance compared against non-attributable, anonymised trends
- Benchmarks will be derived from data received from the rationalised annual UKCS Stewardship Survey (providing an incentive to operators to improve the quality and thoroughness of survey data submission)
- Benchmarks will be developed in consultation with the appropriate MER UK Board to ensure credibility with future industry recipients of the benchmark reports
- Screening tools identifying opportunities for more detailed evaluation