|No. of posts:||1|
|Vacancy Reference Number:||OGA 072|
|Travel to other locations with UK?||
Some ocassional travel within the UK
|Appointment Term||Full time|
|Level of Security clearance||Basic|
Unless otherwise stated consideration will be given to requests to work on a part time or job share basis. Flexible working hours can also be considered.
|Closing date for applications:||21 Sep 2018|
Brief overview of role
The Operations Coordination Team sits within the Operations Directorate of the OGA and holds a dual role in monitoring and analyzing industry performance and planning, tracking and reporting of OGA Performance. We are also responsible for managing Stewardship and Production data received by Industry. In support of the Maximising Economic Recovery (MER UK) Strategy in the UKCS, a Technical Assistant role has been created in the OGA operations directorate to support the Operations Data Coordinator and the wider team.
Detailed job description and key responsibilities
The role will involve, but not be limited to:
- Management of Petroleum Production Reporting System (PPRS) data and validation of same.
- Manage and respond to all industry Survey and PPRS queries and system issues from start to finish. Log potential future enhancements and run Industry feedback exercises.
- Support Ops Data Coordinator & team with data validation, ensuring the effective submission of quality data and raise correction requests with Industry where necessary. Regular review and management of corrections through to close-out.
- Coordinate & participate in System Governance Sessions to address data and system issues and resolve.
- Coordinate & participate in external Industry Workshops, which will include training of personnel and coordination of OGA Subject Matter Experts.
- Development of dashboards, models and tools to maximise efficiency. Support and train teams within the Directorate.
- Assist with data gathering, presentation generation & adhoc reporting to support directorate, which will include working with colleagues to accurately scope and define requirements.
- Tier Review Planning support across directorate and external meeting tracking.
We are looking to appoint a dynamic individual with excellent numerical and analytical skills, an innovative approach to presenting data and a commitment to continually improving the quality of data and analysis within the organisation.
- Competence 1: Delivering at Pace - Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking
- Competence 2: Leading and Communicating - Effectiveness in this area is about showing our pride and passion for public service,
- Competence 3: Collaborating and Partnering - Working collaboratively, sharing information and building supportive, responsive relationships with colleagues and contacts in the industry, whilst having the confidence to challenge assumptions
- Competence 4: Seeing the Bigger Picture - Seeing the big picture is about having an in-depth understanding and knowledge of how your role fits with and supports organisational objectives and the wider public needs.
Specialist Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Licenses, Memberships or Language
|• Background in Oil & Gas Industry
• Experience managing large amounts of Data.
• Ability to self-start, work at pace and develop and articulate reports in clear and unambiguous way. Allow for reassessment of workload if team priorities change.
• Must have an ability to adapt quickly and easily to new software.
• Must have previous experience of working with Databases, understand data management governance and be prepared to promote best practice techniques. Experience of working with large amounts of data.
• Excellent Business Intelligence/Analytic software knowledge alongside the usual MS Office suite of applications.
• Confidently engage with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels, internally and externally.
|• Knowledge of drilling/well operations, subsurface and operations requirements.
• Knowledgeable of and in using WONs database and portal applications.
• Power BI and Business Object Experience
Application Process and Further Information
Unfortunately you do not meet minimum nationality and educational requirements of this position.
Completed applications will only be accepted via the online application process below, however, if you do require the application form in a different format please contact us at OGArecruitment@ogauthority.co.uk quoting the recruitment reference number and job title.
You should provide examples in your covering letter that best demonstrate your skills and abilities against the competencies and specialist skills. The maximum word count against each competence example is 250 words. The information you provide will be assessed during the short listing stage and if you are invited to attend an interview, the indicated competence areas will discussed further.
When completing your application, you should use the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action and Result) methodology for each competence. All appointments are subject to successful completion of pre-employment checksApply online
Equality and diversity statement
The OGA is committed to embedding equality and diversity into all our policies and processes. We will aim to recruit, retain and promote staff on the basis of competence and regardless of characteristics including those listed under the Equality Act 2010. These protected characteristics are; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation