Senior Technical Services Manager
|No. of posts:||1|
|Vacancy Reference Number:||OGA011|
|Salary:||up to £60,200 per annum, plus benefits|
|Travel to other locations with UK?||
|Appointment Term||Full time|
|Level of Security clearance||Basic|
Unless otherwise stated consideration will be given to requests to work on a part time or job share basis. Flexible working hours can also be considered.
|Closing date for applications:||03 Jul 2017|
Brief overview of role
Situated within the Information Services Team in the Corporate Directorate of the OGA the job holder will report to the Head of Data Management Operations and Development. The job holder will be at the forefront of developing and implementing data management policy, maintaining high level policy awareness through continuous engagement with key external stakeholders and also internally at the OGA. They will also identify functions required of the team and develop a fit-for-purpose service model and associated processes. They will develop and optimise a small team to provide and enhance technical data management services to other OGA directorates and provide project and service management expertise on a broad scope of technical and regulatory projects.
Detailed job description and key responsibilities
- Work with Head of Technical Data Management Operations and Development on stakeholder engagement on key aspects of regulations, including requirements under the Petroleum Act 1998, licence model clauses and Energy Act 2016. This will particularly focus on the requirement for Information and Samples Co-ordinators and developing and implementing Information and Samples Plans and ensuring their effectiveness in supporting improvements to the management of technical data across industry
- Work with stakeholders and other subject matter experts to develop and maintain technical guidance supporting the retention, reporting and disclosure of information and samples; including the current PON9 and PON9b
- Engagement and communications with other external stakeholders such as CDA, BEIS, other central, arms-length and devolved Government bodies, UKHO and BGS on operational and strategic data management issues
- Conduct operational collaboration with regulatory bodies from countries bordering the UKCS
- Provide data management support to the Senior Compliance Manager on the data release process including providing regulatory authority and subject matter expertise. Liaise with licensees to facilitate representation prior to publication events
- Developing an appropriately scaled and resourced internal ITIL style operational service model for data management, identifying and publishing in a Service Catalogue the routine and ad hoc functions of the team, formalising their procedures and interfaces with other IS services, other OGA departmental processes and external parties. This will include:
- External technical data requests, co-ordination with Operations Team colleagues and tracking of progress
- the receipt and management of technical data in project databases and corporate stores
- Support of geotechnical applications
- Documentation of business as usual activities and processes
- Representing the interests of Technical Data Services when the OGA is transitioning project deliverables into operational support; including development and maintenance of documentation and appropriate training of staff
- Operational management of technical data services team to deliver commoditised data management services, regulatory data management processes and deployment/operation of specialist technical software applications
- Provision of Project Management services for strategic IM and regulatory projects
- Provide subject matter expertise and input to general ad hoc information requests authoritative response general information requests from industry stakeholders and public
- Competence 1: Delivery at Pace - Able to prioritise, anticipate problems and opportunities and work to deadlines
- Competence 2: Leading and Communicating - Be able to co-ordinate the operational delivery of a service team and also be able to work on own initiative. Have excellent and adaptable communication and representational skills at all levels
- Competence 3: Managing a Quality Service - Excellent skills and in depth experience in E&P technical data management including management of outsourced data management services
- Competence 4: Building Capability for All - Ability to communicate complex technical matters to staff at all levels
Specialist Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Licenses, Memberships or Language
|• Educated to degree level in geoscience
• 15 Years + experience in technical services in Oil and Gas
• Project Management experience and qualification
• Understanding of regulatory reporting and retention in Oil and Gas
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience of developing reports to present to Senior Management team
• Excellent analytical skills, ability to understand complex issues in detail, make decisions and propose solutions
|• ITIL service management experience|
Application Process and Further Information
Unfortunately you do not meet minimum nationality and educational requirements of this position.
Completed applications will only be accepted via the online application process below, however, if you do require the application form in a different format please contact us at OGArecruitment@ogauthority.co.uk quoting the recruitment reference number and job title.
You should provide examples in your covering letter that best demonstrate your skills and abilities against the competencies and specialist skills. The maximum word count against each competence example is 250 words. The information you provide will be assessed during the short listing stage and if you are invited to attend an interview, the indicated competence areas will discussed further.
When completing your application, you should use the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action and Result) methodology for each competence. All appointments are subject to successful completion of pre-employment checksApply online
Inclusion and Diversity statement
The OGA is committed to embedding equality and diversity into all our policies and processes. We will aim to recruit, retain and promote staff on the basis of competence and regardless of characteristics including those listed under the Equality Act 2010. These protected characteristics are; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation.
The OGA is an accredited Disability Confident Committed employer. We have also been awarded silver accreditation for the Gender Diversity Benchmark through Business in the Community, The Prince’s Responsible Business Network. In addition, we are signed up to their Race at Work Charter and implement its five principles. As a further commitment to attracting, retaining and developing a diverse workforce we have signed up to the Axis Pledge.