Senior Project Advisor
|No. of posts:||1|
|Vacancy Reference Number:||OGA030|
|Travel to other locations with UK?||
Occasional travel within UK
|Appointment Term||Full time|
|Level of Security clearance||Basic|
Unless otherwise stated consideration will be given to requests to work on a part time or job share basis. Flexible working hours can also be considered.
|Closing date for applications:||06 Nov 2017|
Brief overview of role
In support of the Maximising Economic Recovery Strategy in the UKCS, a Project Advisor role has been created in the OGA operations directorate with responsibility for the promotion of major capital project excellence in the UKCS portfolio.
This is a high-profile role and will work closely with UKCS project operators to develop and build on Industry lessons learned to help bring projects to fruition and then drive effective and predictable project outcomes.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate considerable technical, leadership, strategic and commercial expertise in the delivery of major capital projects across all aspects of the delivery cycle, from Front End Loading to project execution.
Detailed job description and key responsibilities
- Develop an insight into the major capital projects under way and under consideration in the UKCS
- Develop a collaborative approach with Industry to implement stewardship expectations to promote and influence Operators to deliver best practice Project Management Expectations
- Build on the lessons learnt document which OGA has shared with industry in March 2017
- Apply the OGA’s Field Development Plan (FDP) approval process to ensure the consent framework is clearly defined and implemented
- Contribute to other Stewardship requirements adjacent to project management such as supply chain action plan and best practices
- Collaboration and interface with professional organisations to assimilate and enhance best practice across UKCS
- Competence 1: Leadership and Behaviours - The candidate will have a flair for creative and innovative thinking to bring novel solutions to field development issues; Meets challenges with resourcefulness, generates suggestions for improving work and develops innovative approaches and ideas; Strong team player with a collaborative and proactive approach; Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and reach an outcome are essential; Mentor and coach to others; unlocking potential and maximising performance.
- Competence 2: Making Effective Decisions - Ability to make complex decisions ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to. Accept responsibility for own actions; Well-developed analytical skills and sound judgement to manage varied and sometimes complex issues.
- Competence 3: Communication - Able to develop strategic thinking and articulate a vision; Proven change management ability to promote project excellence across all aspects of the Stage gate process; Persuasive communication skills will be essential, both oral and written, to build relationships and deliver key messages across OGA and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Competence 4: Commercial Acumen - Demonstrable negotiation skills with the ability to sustain a hard line, without damaging relationships, when required.
Specialist Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Licenses, Memberships or Language
|• An experienced Project Manager with proven track record of delivering successful capital projects across all phases of development from project initiation to production start-up.
• Expected 20+ years of experience in the upstream Oil and Gas Industry, with several years of Project Management / Leadership ideally in an operator environment in both green and brownfield project management
• Demonstrate effective implementation of Front end loading
• Familiar and experienced in project management processes.
• Familiar with OGA regulations and guidelines, Understands UK Safety Case and pipeline regulations.
• Experience of presenting and negotiating with executive management, government bodies, JV Partners and other external stakeholders.
• Demonstrable results in driving improvements and implementing change
• Degree qualification in a relevant engineering or scientific discipline.
• International perspective or experience
Application Process and Further Information
Unfortunately you do not meet minimum nationality and educational requirements of this position.
Completed applications will only be accepted via the online application process below, however, if you do require the application form in a different format please contact us at OGArecruitment@ogauthority.co.uk quoting the recruitment reference number and job title.
You should provide examples in your covering letter that best demonstrate your skills and abilities against the competencies and specialist skills. The maximum word count against each competence example is 250 words. The information you provide will be assessed during the short listing stage and if you are invited to attend an interview, the indicated competence areas will discussed further.
When completing your application, you should use the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action and Result) methodology for each competence. All appointments are subject to successful completion of pre-employment checksApply online
Equality and diversity statement
The OGA is committed to embedding equality and diversity into all our policies and processes. We will aim to recruit, retain and promote staff on the basis of competence and regardless of characteristics including those listed under the Equality Act 2010. These protected characteristics are; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation