Senior Mapping and GIS Manager
|No. of posts:||1|
|Vacancy Reference Number:||OGA013|
|Salary range:||up to £43,682 per annum plus benefits|
|Location:||Aberdeen or London|
|Travel to other locations with UK?||
|Appointment Term||Full time|
|Level of Security clearance||Basic|
Unless otherwise stated consideration will be given to requests to work on a part time or job share basis. Flexible working hours can also be considered.
|Closing date for applications:||25 Jun 2017|
Brief overview of role
The OGA seeks a Senior Mapping and GIS Manager to drive the continuous improvements in the overall posture of GIS across the organisation, while maintaining the on-going operational requirements of the organisation.
The role reports to the Digital Services Manager and leads a small team within the Corporate directorate.
The Senior Mapping and GIS Manager will be responsible for the delivery of the OGA’s spatial strategy. This sets out a vision for the OGA’s spatial capability and how that will support the OGA’s IT/IM Strategy.
Detailed job description and key responsibilities
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide spatial services to internal and external users (downloads and web services)
- Build and deploy web applications
- Maintain spatial elements of the OGA Data Centre
- Maintain a warehouse of spatial data to be used by the OGA and external users
- Oversee production of external OGA Maps
- Manage ESRI Enterprise platform and monitor performance
- Ensure OGA’s GIS deployment is robust and fit for purpose
- Provide geospatial expertise to all areas of OGA
- Deliver GIS support and training across the OGA.
- Liaise with 3rd party IT suppliers to ensure GIS .
- Adhere to the IS change management process communicating all changes that impact on the organisation and wider community; liaising with respective service providers.
- Integrate 3rd party and disparate data into OGA GIS datasets
Priorities and key challenges
The immediate priorities for the Senior Mapping and GIS Manager are as follows:
- Build upon and develop the delivery plan for the OGA’s spatial strategy.
- Develop links with OGA systems to enable discovery via GIS
- Work with key areas of OGA to raise awareness and capabilities of GIS.
- Competence 1: Changing and Improving - Open to change and can communicate the need for it; Encourages a culture of innovation and sharing.
- Competence 2: Building Capability for All - Works and communicates effectively and fluently with managers and staff - able to explain complex technical issues in terms that non-technical managers and staff will understand.
- Competence 3: Managing a Quality Service - Takes into account the diverse needs and requirements of customers; Plan, manage and organise time effectively to deliver high quality services.
Specialist Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Licenses, Memberships or Language
|• MSc in GIS or suitable experience
• Expert Knowledge of the ESRI Platform at 10.4+ (ArcGIS, Portal, Server and AGOL)
• Working knowledge of Oracle Databases and ArcSDE
• Working Knowledge of GIS Data Management
• Strong geodetic knowledge
• Project Management Skills (PRINCE2 or Agile)
• Excellent skills on the MS Suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc)
• Well motivated with ability to act on own initiative
|• Working knowledge of Safe FME
• Cloud environments (MS Azure)
• Experience in the Oil & Gas industry
Application Process and Further Information
Unfortunately you do not meet minimum nationality and educational requirements of this position.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV quoting the recruitment reference number and job title to OGArecruitment@ogauthority.co.uk
You should provide examples in your covering letter that best demonstrate your skills and abilities against the competencies and specialist skills. The maximum word count against each competence example is 250 words. The information you provide will be assessed during the short listing stage and if you are invited to attend an interview, the indicated competence areas will discussed further.
When completing your application, you should use the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action and Result) methodology for each competence. All appointments are subject to successful completion of pre-employment checks
Equality and diversity statement
The OGA is committed to embedding equality and diversity into all our policies and processes. We will aim to recruit, retain and promote staff on the basis of competence and regardless of characteristics including those listed under the Equality Act 2010. These protected characteristics are; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation