Senior Decommissioning Engineer
|No. of posts:||1|
|Vacancy Reference Number:||OGA021|
|Salary:||£72,000 per annum plus benefits|
|Travel to other locations with UK?||
|Appointment Term||Full time|
|Level of Security clearance||Basic|
Unless otherwise stated consideration will be given to requests to work on a part time or job share basis. Flexible working hours can also be considered.
|Closing date for applications:||30 Jul 2017|
Brief overview of role
This role is in the Decommissioning team within the Operations Directorate and the successful applicant will report to the Head of Decommissioning and hold responsibility for working with the Head of Decommissioning & Head of Supply Chain and other industry organisations accountable for developing innovative approaches to contracting strategies and developing the capability of the decommissioning supply chain to deliver world class performance.
Detailed job description and key responsibilities
- Working with OGA area teams ensuring the implementation of Decommissioning Asset Stewardship Expectation across industry
- Supporting the Head of Decommissioning in working with the Decommissioning Task Force (DTF) and ensuring project delivery on track
- Performing the legislative obligations of the OGA with respect to review of applications for Cessation or Production and Decommissioning Programmes, including preparation of review findings and submission to the relevant internal and external parties. These reviews will include analysis and documenting findings on:
- Examination of options for re-use
- Minimisation of decommissioning cost
- Demonstration of collaboration with others
- Ensuring decommissioning team work processes are followed, with creation of the appropriate deliverables, to the desired quality and managed in line with departmental information management requirements
- Supporting other decommissioning team members in departmental and directorate initiatives and projects
- Capturing lessons learned from projects, engagement and legislative functions and documenting these for sharing and applying with departmental process improvements
The role will work closely with other members of the decommissioning team, and other members of the Operations Directorate.
The successful applicant will become a key member of Operations Directorate teams:
- Directly engaging operators, licensees, infrastructure owners, prospective developer, investors and contractors on a range of strategy, long term plans and decommissioning issues
- Interfacing with other OGA Directorates to ensure appropriate management of strategy and delivery programmes
- Competence 1: Strategy Development – ability to establish a “big picture”, long term vision, communicate the opportunity and risks, and develop simple high level delivery plans spanning multi-year timeframes
- Competence 2: Integrator – ability to work with large groups of stakeholders with different drivers/ agendas and integrate them to achieve a common goal. Including ability to set up, prepare, and chair external meetings with ability to present before large groups
- Competence 3: Oil and Gas Business Management – a detailed understanding of the components of a typical oil and gas business model (production, costs, investment), the interdependencies of the business model elements and the impacts on each other
- Competence 4: Commercial – a detailed understanding of oil and gas joint venture governance agreements, the workings of UKCS joint venture partnerships, and the Commercial and Infrastructure Codes of Practice. Negotiating and influencing skills are also critical
Specialist Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Licenses, Memberships or Language
|• Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering, Law, Science or Business
• Demonstrable understanding of the regulatory environment surrounding oil and gas operations and decommissioning
• Proficient negotiator, with experience in the resolution of disputes and a strong ability to lead small projects
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal, particularly business case development and management presentation capabilities
• Demonstrable ability of co-ordination and integration of multi-discipline industry personnel and/ or groups
• Demonstrable project management expertise and experience
|• Direct decommissioning experience in the planning and or execution of decommissioning projects and programmes|
Application Process and Further Information
Unfortunately you do not meet minimum nationality and educational requirements of this position.
Completed applications will only be accepted via the online application process below, however, if you do require the application form in a different format please contact us at OGArecruitment@ogauthority.co.uk quoting the recruitment reference number and job title.
You should provide examples in your covering letter that best demonstrate your skills and abilities against the competencies and specialist skills. The maximum word count against each competence example is 250 words. The information you provide will be assessed during the short listing stage and if you are invited to attend an interview, the indicated competence areas will discussed further.
When completing your application, you should use the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action and Result) methodology for each competence. All appointments are subject to successful completion of pre-employment checksApply online
Inclusion and Diversity statement
The OGA is committed to embedding equality and diversity into all our policies and processes. We will aim to recruit, retain and promote staff on the basis of competence and regardless of characteristics including those listed under the Equality Act 2010. These protected characteristics are; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation.
The OGA is an accredited Disability Confident Committed employer. We have also been awarded silver accreditation for the Gender Diversity Benchmark through Business in the Community, The Prince’s Responsible Business Network. In addition, we are signed up to their Race at Work Charter and implement its five principles.