|No. of posts:||1|
|Vacancy Reference Number:||OGA 148|
|Travel to other locations with UK?||
Travel may be required to London occasionally
|Appointment Term||Full time|
|Level of Security clearance||Basic|
Unless otherwise stated consideration will be given to requests to work on a part time or job share basis. Flexible working hours can also be considered.
|Closing date for applications:||23 Feb 2020|
Brief overview of role
The OGA seeks a GIS Analyst to ensure users of the OGA Digital Energy Platform are provided with exceptional spatial user interfaces. These include APIs, interactive maps and engaging story telling web applications. The role also provides spatial analytics to support policy decisions such as the Energy Integration and Carbon Capture and Storage as well as communicating these via OGA’s Digital Energy Platform.
The GIS Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Senior Geospatial Manager in the delivery of the OGA’s spatial and digital strategy. This sets out a vision for the OGA’s spatial capability and how that will support the OGA’s Digital Strategy 2020-2025 and the wider remit of Maximising Economic Recovery.
The role is part of a multi discipled team reporting to the OGA’s Senior Geospatial Manager in the wider Digital Services team.
Detailed job description and key responsibilities
Key responsibilities include:
- Produce and maintain spatial datasets mastered in GIS
- Provide spatial assistance to users on the OGA’s Digital Energy Platform (Internal and External)
- Produce PDF maps to support legal documents and aid decision making
- Support the growing number of users with map and data queries
- Support the development and continuous improvement of OGA’s GIS services
- Support Senior Geospatial Manager in delivering priorities
- Support users across OGA and industry with GIS tasks
Priorities and key challenges
The immediate priorities for the GIS Analyst are as follows:
- Work with key areas of the OGA to build ability and raise awareness and capabilities of GIS.
- Work with UKCS Energy Integration Project team to develop spatial products.
- Support the growing number of users with map and data requests.
- Provide deskside support as required.
- Support the GIS Manager with administrative tasks.
- Competence 1: Changing and Improving - Change, culture of innovation and communication.
- Competence 2: Building Capability for all - Effective and fluent communication, ability to explain technical issues to non technical managers.
- Competence 3: Managing a Quality Service - Diverse customer needs, time management and quality of service.
- Competence 4: Delivering at Pace - Ability to meet deadlines in fast pace environment whilst creative, enthusiastic
Specialist Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Licenses, Memberships or Language
|• BSc in GIS or similar related area
• Knowledge of the ESRI Platform at 10.6+ (ArcGIS, Portal, Server, AGOL, OpenData and Insights)
• Working knowledge of SQL Databases and ArcSDE
• Working knowledge of GIS Data Management
• Strong geodetic knowledge
• Excellent skills on the MS Suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc)
|• Working knowledge of Safe FME
• Familiarity with Agile Scrum methodology
• Cloud environments (MS Azure)
• Working knowledge of ML/AI techniques and technologies
• Experience of working in Oil and Gas, Environmental or Government organisation.
Application Process and Further Information
Unfortunately you do not meet minimum nationality and educational requirements of this position.
Completed applications will only be accepted via the online application process below, however, if you do require the application form in a different format please contact us at OGArecruitment@ogauthority.co.uk quoting the recruitment reference number and job title.
You should provide examples in your covering letter that best demonstrate your skills and abilities against the competencies and specialist skills. The maximum word count against each competence example is 250 words. The information you provide will be assessed during the short listing stage and if you are invited to attend an interview, the indicated competence areas will discussed further.
When completing your application, you should use the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action and Result) methodology for each competence. All appointments are subject to successful completion of pre-employment checksApply online
Inclusion and Diversity statement
The OGA is committed to embedding equality and diversity into all our policies and processes. We will aim to recruit, retain and promote staff on the basis of competence and regardless of characteristics including those listed under the Equality Act 2010. These protected characteristics are; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation.
The OGA is an accredited Disability Confident Committed employer. We have also been awarded silver accreditation for the Gender Diversity Benchmark through Business in the Community, The Prince’s Responsible Business Network. In addition, we are signed up to their Race at Work Charter and implement its five principles. As a further commitment to attracting, retaining and developing a diverse workforce we have signed up to the Axis Pledge.