|No. of posts:||1|
|Vacancy Reference Number:||OGA 042|
|Salary:||£54,072 plus benefits|
|Location:||London or Aberdeen|
|Travel to other locations with UK?||
some limited travel within the UK
|Appointment Type||Fixed Term|
|Appointment Term||Full time|
|Level of Security clearance||Basic|
Unless otherwise stated consideration will be given to requests to work on a part time or job share basis. Flexible working hours can also be considered.
|Closing date for applications:||16 Feb 2018|
Brief overview of role
The OGA seeks an experienced Information Architect to be at the forefront of shaping OGA’s Enterprise Architecture programme. The role will be key in understanding and structuring OGA’s enterprise data. The role will be required to identify and ingest data from external sources as well as building data services for industry and other government departments. The role will need to balance balancing long term strategic vision with short-term improvements to OGA’s information landscape.
The information architect will engage with OGA stakeholders to build up robust and well-defined information for use in numerous systems to support OGA business priorities. This will include being the subject matter expert on multiple projects providing a link between business requirements/processes and the technical implementation of solutions. It is vital that the role establishes strong and effective working relationships with key stakeholders across the business and with implementation teams.
The Information Architect is a new role within the OGA’s multi-disciplined Corporate Directorate reporting to the Head of Digital Services.
The role is being offered on a 2 year fixed term contract with the possibility of extension.
Detailed job description and key responsibilities
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop a roadmap to enable the OGA to relate information to business requirements and processes, applications and technology
- Undertake detailed analysis of the information requirements across all systems, platforms and applications to guide the OGA enterprise architecture plan
- Define, develop and communicate future-state designs assuring solutions adhere to architecture principles and the OGA target architecture
- Define and develop a data warehouse(s) that are the trusted source(s) of definitive standing data for the OGA and external customers
- Develop data models that reflect current and future needs of the OGA and its dependencies
- Provide OGA with expertise in information architecture and best practice
- Work closely with Business Intelligence and GIS specialists to identify, plan, develop and deliver data services/products
Priorities and key challenges
The immediate priorities for the Information Architect:
- Assess the current information architecture within the OGA and implement recommendations on short, medium and long-term improvements
- Work with Business Intelligence and GIS specialists to deliver consistent information/data solutions across the organisation
Lead information architecture elements in the establishment of OGA’s enterprise architecture
- Competence 1: Changing and Improving - • Open to change and can communicate the need for it.
- Competence 2: Building Capability for All - • Works and communicates effectively and fluently with managers and staff - able to explain complex technical issues in terms that non-technical managers and staff will understand.
- Competence 3: Managing a Quality Service - • Considers the diverse needs and requirements of customers.
- Competence 4: Delivering at Pace - • Able to meet deadlines, prioritise and organise a busy schedule of work;
Specialist Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Licenses, Memberships or Language
|• Detailed knowledge of the frameworks, tools, technology and skills used to deliver enterprise architecture (such as TOGAF).
• Programme and project management skills (Prince2, Agile, SCRUM, etc)
• Suitable experience in a similar role or MSc in data science
• Strong working knowledge of database structures
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent communicator with proven ability working with executive levels, defining and communicating value from technology in a way that is relevant and compelling for a business audience.
• Data driven focus
|• Knowledge of geotechnical datain the Oil and Gas industry
• Cloud environments (MS Azure)
• Machine learning
• Big Data
• Knowledge of XML databases and RDBMS (Oracle, SQLServer)
• Programming skills (Python, SSIS, SQL, HTML, CSS, etc)
Application Process and Further Information
Unfortunately you do not meet minimum nationality and educational requirements of this position.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV quoting the recruitment reference number and job title to OGArecruitment@ogauthority.co.uk
You should provide examples in your covering letter that best demonstrate your skills and abilities against the competencies and specialist skills. The maximum word count against each competence example is 250 words. The information you provide will be assessed during the short listing stage and if you are invited to attend an interview, the indicated competence areas will discussed further.
When completing your application, you should use the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action and Result) methodology for each competence. All appointments are subject to successful completion of pre-employment checksApply online
Equality and diversity statement
The OGA is committed to embedding equality and diversity into all our policies and processes. We will aim to recruit, retain and promote staff on the basis of competence and regardless of characteristics including those listed under the Equality Act 2010. These protected characteristics are; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation