HR Business Partner
|No. of posts:||1|
|Vacancy Reference Number:||OGA 119|
|Travel to other locations with UK?||
Reasonable travel to the OGA’s London offices
|Appointment Term||Full time|
|Level of Security clearance||BPSS|
Unless otherwise stated consideration will be given to requests to work on a part time or job share basis. Flexible working hours can also be considered.
|Closing date for applications:||26 Aug 2019|
Brief overview of role
This is an exciting opportunity for an outstanding HR professional with a successful track record to join a small organisation where the management of the people agenda has a significant impact. As part of a small team, you will take responsibility for delivering a first class, mature and progressive HR service to business areas across the organisation.
This role will be the HR Business Partner for the largest directorate in the OGA, responsible for supporting the majority of the “upstream oil and gas” professionals employed in the organisation. In addition, the role supports the HR & Supply Chain and both directorates have staff based in Aberdeen and London.
As well as working closely with the Directors, you will have a key role working collaboratively across the OGA delivering a fit-for-purpose suite of HR interventions, practices and processes that support the organisation is achieving its vital mission. A proven business-partner, with the right balance of confidence, experience, drive and humility you will demonstrate an understanding of how to bring challenge and support to business leaders to deliver success.
With experience of operating as a HR generalist, and with evidence of real personal drive and energy, you will have demonstrated that you can bring insight, professionalism and wisdom to your advice. Able to operate with staff at all levels, you will have sufficient experience and capability to support across the board with HR queries and needs.
The role is offered on full, compressed hours or part time basis. Other benefits include comprehensive pension arrangements, flexible working, learning and development and other family friendly policies. Full details are set out here: Working at the OGA
Detailed job description and key responsibilities
We are seeking to recruit an outstanding HR Business Partner who will take a leading role in providing HR services to business areas across the OGA.
The OGA has a fit-for-purpose HR function, proud of “punching above its weight” in terms of the quality of interventions, tools and materials that are developed to support the small but high calibre workforce.
We have intentionally limited any outsourcing, maintaining a “high-touch” approach to deliver high calibre HR support and challenge, this is an opportunity for the right candidate to make a real difference. The successful candidate will:
- Act as a real partner to the Directors including providing challenge and offering insights
- Provide support to line managers and staff, recommending proactive and appropriate solutions to business issues. This will involve providing sound, timely, advice and guidance to managers and include working closely with outsourced providers at the appropriate stage to ensure effective delivery
- Proactively work with business areas to support the development of talent and succession planning
- Work closely with our Resourcing Manager to ensure recruitment activities attract key talent in a timely and effective manner
- Support staff and line managers in the meaningful use of learning and development interventions to meet our commitment to creating a “great place to work”
- Assist with the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures and, in conjunction with HR colleagues, ensure that our Trades Unions are consulted at an appropriate stage so that positive employee relations are maintained
- Work with colleagues across both our locations and take the lead in developing and implementing our health and wellbeing strategy
You may also be expected to support our work on inclusion and diversity, learning and development, performance management and employee engagement. The role is perfect for someone who wants to play a role in supporting a vital UK industry, believes in delivering a great place to work and sees the value that honest, authentic and practical HR practices can bring to an organisation.
The role is based in Aberdeen and the successful candidate will report directly to the Head of Human Resources. The role will also require reasonable travel to the OGA’s London offices.
We value equality and diversity in employment and welcome applications from all sectors of society.
- Competence 1: Collaborating and Partnering - Working collaboratively, sharing information appropriately and building supportive, trusting and professional relationships with colleagues and a wide range of people within and outside the OGA, whilst having the confidence to challenge assumptions.
- Competence 2: Making Effective Decisions - Using sound judgement, evidence and knowledge to arrive at accurate, expert and professional decisions and advice.
- Competence 3: Leading and Communicating - Communicating purpose and direction with clarity, integrity, and enthusiasm. It’s about championing difference and external experience, and supporting principles of fairness of opportunity for all. It is also about being visible, establishing a strong direction; managing and engaging with people in a straightforward and truthful way.
- Competence 4: Delivering at Pace - Focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes. Working to agreed goals and activities and dealing with challenges in a responsive and constructive way.
Specialist Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Licenses, Memberships or Language
|• Significant HR Business Partner experience
• High level of focus on quality, service and a track record of delivery
• Effective communication, presentation, engagement and influencing skills
• The ability to handle changing priorities, significant ambiguity and accepting responsibility to act on their own initiative
• Experience of creating, not just using, innovative HR ideas
• Strong ethos of team working
|• Knowledge of industrial relations
• Understanding and/or experience of the oil and gas industry and/or working in public sector or regulatory environment
• Experience of supporting staff in multiple sites
Application Process and Further Information
Unfortunately you do not meet minimum nationality and educational requirements of this position.
Completed applications will only be accepted via the online application process below, however, if you do require the application form in a different format please contact us at OGArecruitment@ogauthority.co.uk quoting the recruitment reference number and job title.
You should provide examples in your covering letter that best demonstrate your skills and abilities against the competencies and specialist skills. The maximum word count against each competence example is 250 words. The information you provide will be assessed during the short listing stage and if you are invited to attend an interview, the indicated competence areas will discussed further.
When completing your application, you should use the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action and Result) methodology for each competence. All appointments are subject to successful completion of pre-employment checksApply online
Inclusion and Diversity statement
The OGA is committed to embedding equality and diversity into all our policies and processes. We will aim to recruit, retain and promote staff on the basis of competence and regardless of characteristics including those listed under the Equality Act 2010. These protected characteristics are; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation.
The OGA is an accredited Disability Confident Committed employer. We have also been awarded silver accreditation for the Gender Diversity Benchmark through Business in the Community, The Prince’s Responsible Business Network. In addition, we are signed up to their Race at Work Charter and implement its five principles.