Head of Financial Reporting
|No. of posts:||1|
|Vacancy Reference Number:||OGA 007|
|Salary range:||Circa £85,000 per annum|
|Travel to other locations with UK?||
Occasional travel within the UK
|Appointment Term||Full time|
|Level of Security clearance||Basic|
Unless otherwise stated consideration will be given to requests to work on a part time or job share basis. Flexible working hours can also be considered.
|Closing date for applications:||09 Jun 2017|
Brief overview of role
The Head of Financial reporting is responsible for leading the finance team and deputising for the Chief Financial Officer as required.
The role is responsible for leading the delivery of and improvements to, all areas of statutory and management reporting and the operation of the financial planning cycle.
Detailed job description and key responsibilities
- Lead the preparation of monthly financial reports to the Leadership Team and the Board;
- Day to day leadership and management of the finance team;
- Deliver an effective business partnering service to Directors and Extended Leadership Team members;
- Implement internal controls to safeguard and control the financial framework of the organisation and ensure these are adhered to;
- Develop, coach and mentor the finance team including professional development of staff outside direct line management;
- Work with Extended Leadership Team colleagues to promote OGA culture and behaviours;
- Provide training on finance procedures to budget managers;
- Develop OGA financial systems to ensure Value for Money, effective and efficient practices are in place;
- Manage the finance budget in line with business requirements including managing and monitoring spend against approved delegated budget;
- Provide guidance and assistance to all OGA personnel on public financial management;
- Advise the Chief Financial Officer and Audit & Risk Committee on financial reporting and compliance matters;
- Deputise for the Chief Financial Officer and provide peer Extended Leadership Team members cover and support as required;
- Ensure effective Finance Manual, Treasury and Debt Management systems are operating;
- Drive strong financial reporting and decision making;
- Possess strong leadership and mentoring skills;
- Develop and engage with relevant advisors and bodies and keep abreast of financial best practice.
- Competence 1: Leading & Communicating - The successful candidate will have strong leadership and organisational skills and the personal qualities to select, support, motivate and develop staff, to organise and manage the team. (1) Have leadership, communication and motivational skills yet also be a committed team-player in an environment where priorities and goals can quickly change and evolve; (2) Have the ability to manage in a modern, empowering way and deputise as required; (3) Have exceptional inter-personal skills, enabling constructive engagement at all levels.
- Competence 2: Seeing the bigger picture - The successful candidate will be sensitive to the broader political aspects of the organisation and its work.
- Competence 3: Making effective decisions - The successful candidate will be expected to be a decisive and impactful leader. They will have excellent analytical and information handling skills, demonstrate skilful listening and enquiry and be able to provide quick, confident and authoritative decisions.
- Competence 4: Delivering at Pace - The successful candidate will be pragmatic and results-focussed. She/he will have the flexibility and resilience to deal with heavy and competing pressures. They will demonstrate personal efficacy as well as the ability to get the best out of people who are themselves often under pressure, whilst supporting individual difference and wellbeing – all within the OGA set of values.
Specialist Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Licenses, Memberships or Language
|• Robustness under pressure and an ability to lead, prioritise and manage a small team with competing priorities.
• CCAB (or equivalent) professional qualification
• Significant financial management experience
• Experience of advising senior leadership and boards on financial reporting requirements
• Preparation and presentation of financial reports
• Leadership and management of small finance team
• Experience of analysis and interrogating financial information
• Developing financial processes and systems
|• Public sector financial management experience
• Project management experience
• Information systems experience
• VAT experience
• Contract management experience
• Risk management experience
• Understanding and/or experience of the oil and gas industry
Application Process and Further Information
Unfortunately you do not meet minimum nationality and educational requirements of this position.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV quoting the recruitment reference number and job title to OGArecruitment@ogauthority.co.uk
You should provide examples in your covering letter that best demonstrate your skills and abilities against the competencies and specialist skills. The maximum word count against each competence example is 250 words. The information you provide will be assessed during the short listing stage and if you are invited to attend an interview, the indicated competence areas will discussed further.
When completing your application, you should use the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action and Result) methodology for each competence. All appointments are subject to successful completion of pre-employment checks
Equality and diversity statement
The OGA is committed to embedding equality and diversity into all our policies and processes. We will aim to recruit, retain and promote staff on the basis of competence and regardless of characteristics including those listed under the Equality Act 2010. These protected characteristics are; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation