Finance Business Partner
|No. of posts:||1|
|Vacancy Reference Number:||OGA 031|
|Travel to other locations with UK?||
Occasional travel within the UK
|Level of Security clearance||Basic|
Unless otherwise stated consideration will be given to requests to work on a part time or job share basis. Flexible working hours can also be considered.
|Closing date for applications:||24 Nov 2017|
|Anticipated shortlisting date:||28 November 2017|
|Anticipated interview date:||w/c 4 December|
Brief overview of role
The Finance Business Partner reports directly to the Head of Financial Reporting. The key focus is the production of the monthly management accounts for the leadership team and board and acting as business partner to the various directorates and stakeholders within OGA, including preparing and discussing financial management reports.
Detailed job description and key responsibilities
The key aspects of the role will include:
- Produce Monthly Management Accounts for Leadership Team and Board and prepare the accompanying papers
- Business partnering with the various directorates and stakeholders within OGA, including providing budget reports and running monthly meetings to go over actual v’s budgeted spend on a monthly and year to date basis.
- Submit financial returns to BEIS, as and when required
- Assist with the preparation of financial information to support the audit and annual financial statements.
- Processing of month and year end journals to record accruals, prepayments, etc to accurately reflect business spend
- Preparing the annual and in year revised budgets to the leadership team, including preparing the accompanying papers
- Preparing the quarterly forecasts to the leadership team, including preparing the accompanying paper
- Attendance at directorate meetings, as and when finance input is required.
- Assisting in the preparation and provision of information for auditors, both internal and external and other stakeholders, as and when required.
- Input into key risks of the business, including mitigating financial actions and managing the list of cost pressures.
- Preparing FOI’s as and when required.
- Provide cover for all team members as necessary.
- Competence 1: Delivering value for money - • Work confidently with financial data to prepare management accounts and budget reports.
- Competence 2: Making effective decisions - • Make decisions when they are needed, even if they prove difficult or unpopular. Identify a range of relevant and credible information sources and recognise the need to collect new data when necessary from internal and external sources.
- Competence 3: Leading and communicating - • Communicate in a succinct, engaging manner and stand ground when needed.
- Competence 4: Managing a Quality Service - • Promote a culture that tackles fraud and deception, keeping others informed of outcomes.
Specialist Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Licenses, Memberships or Language
|• You will be a fully qualified accountant and hold a professional CCAB, CIMA or equivalent accounting qualification.
• You must have experience of preparing management accounts and budget reports.
• Experience in providing business partnering services to a high standard
• Demonstrate an understanding of government accounting and budgeting practices and policies.
• Demonstrate a technically sound knowledge of generally accepted accounting practice.
• Ability to work under pressure, to deadlines and managing multiple priorities whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
• Experience to an advanced level in Microsoft Excel and good working knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications.
• Self-motivated and able to use initiative.
• High level of communicating verbally and in written forms
• Ability to negotiate and influence.
• Experience of working as part of a small finance team within a small or medium sized enterprise
|• Experience of working in finance within public sector.
• VAT experience
• Experience of covering colleagues roles at short notice
Contact for further information:
For further information on this post, please contact:
Application Process and Further Information
Unfortunately you do not meet minimum nationality and educational requirements of this position.
Completed applications will only be accepted via the online application process below, however, if you do require the application form in a different format please contact us at OGArecruitment@ogauthority.co.uk quoting the recruitment reference number and job title.
You should provide examples in your covering letter that best demonstrate your skills and abilities against the competencies and specialist skills. The maximum word count against each competence example is 250 words. The information you provide will be assessed during the short listing stage and if you are invited to attend an interview, the indicated competence areas will discussed further.
When completing your application, you should use the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action and Result) methodology for each competence. All appointments are subject to successful completion of pre-employment checksApply online
Equality and diversity statement
The OGA is committed to embedding equality and diversity into all our policies and processes. We will aim to recruit, retain and promote staff on the basis of competence and regardless of characteristics including those listed under the Equality Act 2010. These protected characteristics are; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation