Energy Portal Service Desk Analyst
|No. of posts:||1|
|Vacancy Reference Number:||OGA 044|
|Salary:||£24,192 - £32,212|
|Travel to other locations with UK?||
Occasional travel within the UK may be required
|Level of Security clearance||Basic|
Unless otherwise stated consideration will be given to requests to work on a part time or job share basis. Flexible working hours can also be considered.
|Closing date for applications:||02 Feb 2018|
Brief overview of role
OGA-IT, over the past 10 years, has developed an IT application framework (The UK Energy Portal) to deliver an e-business solution for the OGA and BEIS’s statutory and regulatory functions for the Oil and Gas Industry and to also provide services to other Government Departments. We are looking to recruit a Service Desk Analyst/Application Owner who will provide 1st line technical support to users in an efficient and accurate manner and escalate all 2nd and 3rd line queries to a dedicated 3rd party support team, be responsible for managing some Energy Portal applications, using ITIL standards, and ensuring that these continue as fit for purpose. The post includes Service Management, Change Management and Project Management ranging from small to medium size enhancements (projects) involving direct contact with all stakeholders, including industry and across departments and being part of the OGA’s Change process including being part of the CAB.
This role will be a split between managing the Energy Portal Service Desk (80%) and managing several Energy Portal Services (20%) of complex Energy Portal services, working with external operators, the oil and gas industry and industry representative bodies (Oil and Gas UK and CDA) and ensuring that ITIL processes are followed.
The post is available from1 April 2018.
Detailed job description and key responsibilities
The team works in a fast paced environment, which sometimes means responding to new priorities, however, the key aspects of the role will include:
- Managing the Energy Portal applications. Working with external suppliers, the Oil & Gas industry & industry representative bodies & ensuring that ITIL processes are followed.
- Monitor SLA's and ensure all targets are met and report any breaches
- Producing statistics and management reports
- Technical support of Service Management software, configuring software; developing new work flows & training new users Managing incidents and change requests to resolution with escalation as appropriate
- Ensuring Continual Service Improvement as part of the service provided
- Developing appropriate data management systems to provide input into other relevant ITIL planning processes
- Delivering at pace, successfully managing multiple priorities and responding flexibly to competing demands.
- Active Directory administration, creating and editing user accounts and groups
- Resolving issues related to Microsoft operating systems, Remote Desktop Service (RDS) and related MS Office products
- Service and application owner for nominated services – managing the application service and representing business/user needs with suppliers
- Reviewing IT change proposals for nominated application services and ensuring the Change Management process is followed
- Able to review and integrate relational databases when investigating incidents or considering new changes.
- Ensuring all releases and deployments are appropriately tested and communicated to business users prior to live deployment
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with all stakeholders.
- Taking a flexible approach to cross-team working as necessary and making the connections between different areas OGA and BEIS.
- Assist other ICT team members in producing internal documentation.
- Supporting the wider OGA strategy
- Competence 1: Managing a Quality Service - Make clear and manageable plans for the management of service desk and project delivery using ITIL Service Management framework and project management disciplines.
- Competence 2: Seeing the Bigger Picture - Being able to identify the implications of Departmental priorities and Strategy for the IT/DM section and ensure plans and activities for their team are aligned
- Competence 3: Changing and Improving - Effectively capture, utilise and share customer insight and views from a diverse range of stakeholders to ensure better policy and delivery
- Competence 4: Delivering at Pace - successfully managing multiple priorities and respond flexibly to competing demands
Specialist Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Licenses, Memberships or Language
|• Application support - Maintains application support processes, and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures. Uses application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports.
• Incident management - Prioritises and diagnoses incidents according to agreed procedures. Investigates causes of incidents and seeks resolution. Escalates unresolved incidents. Facilitates recovery, following resolution of incidents. Documents and closes resolved incidents according to agreed procedures.
• Stakeholder management/engagement experience
• Good understanding of IT technologies and Office Productivity applications
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems
• Service management experience
• Change management experience
• Project management experience
• Development lifecycle experience
• ITIL v3 foundation – or to be gained within six months
|• Prince 2 Foundation or similar
• An understanding of hosting environments and virtualisation.
• Understanding of FOXopen architecture.
Application Process and Further Information
Unfortunately you do not meet minimum nationality and educational requirements of this position.
Completed applications will only be accepted via the online application process below, however, if you do require the application form in a different format please contact us at OGArecruitment@ogauthority.co.uk quoting the recruitment reference number and job title.
You should provide examples in your covering letter that best demonstrate your skills and abilities against the competencies and specialist skills. The maximum word count against each competence example is 250 words. The information you provide will be assessed during the short listing stage and if you are invited to attend an interview, the indicated competence areas will discussed further.
When completing your application, you should use the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action and Result) methodology for each competence. All appointments are subject to successful completion of pre-employment checksApply online
Equality and diversity statement
The OGA is committed to embedding equality and diversity into all our policies and processes. We will aim to recruit, retain and promote staff on the basis of competence and regardless of characteristics including those listed under the Equality Act 2010. These protected characteristics are; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation