Digital Content Manager/Web Developer
|No. of posts:||1|
|Vacancy Reference Number:||OGA 110|
|Location:||London or Aberdeen|
|Travel to other locations with UK?||
Some occasional travel within the UK
|Appointment Term||Full time|
|Level of Security clearance||BPSS|
Unless otherwise stated consideration will be given to requests to work on a part time or job share basis. Flexible working hours can also be considered.
|Closing date for applications:||31 Jul 2019|
Brief overview of role
The role will be responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites and user interfaces across the OGA Digital Platform. They will gather requirements / feedback from internal and external users, delivering products that make OGA data and insight easily accessible. Strive to create visually appealing and accessible sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
Detailed job description and key responsibilities
The role will be responsible designing, coding and modifying websites and user interfaces across the OGA Digital Platform. They will gather requirements / feedback from internal and external users, delivering products that make OGA data and insight easily accessible. Strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
The roles key responsibilities will be to:
- Update the intranet pages with dashboards, maps and digital data provided by various cross-directorate teams (PPR, GIS, Data, Comms, Documents and Records, etc)
- Update Internet with digital content such as MER case studies, reports and story maps
- Develop and deploy best practices for updating and managing web interfaces aligned with OGA’s change management processes.
- Develop the OGA Data Centre on the internet to ensure the OGA’s Digital platform is well used and easy to navigate.
- Update and upgrade the Open Data site to ensure it follows OGA design guidelines and make data easier and more intuitive to find data/information
- Work with Business Analysts to define and deliver engaging user interfaces for the OGA and industry.
- Ensure consistent visual identity and branding across OGA’s web interfaces
- Ensure cross-platform operation of OGA web interfaces including mobile
- Conduct an audit on existing web interfaces and develop strategic plans to improve them.
- Competence 1: Changing and Improving Be willing to meet the challenges of difficult or complex changes, encouraging and supporting others to do the same. Actively encourage ideas from a wide range of diverse sources and stakeholders and use these to inform own thinking
- Competence 2: Building Capability for All Identify and address team or individual capability requirements and gaps to deliver current and future work Continually seek and act on feedback to evaluate and improve their own and team’s performance
- Competence 3: Delivering at Pace Plan ahead but reassess workloads and priorities if situations change or people are facing conflicting demands Successfully manage, support and stretch self and team to deliver agreed goals and objectives
- Competence 4: Managing a Quality Service Develop, implement, maintain and review systems and service standards to ensure professional excellence and expertise and value for money Establish mechanisms to seek out and respond to feedback from customers about service provided
Specialist Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Licenses, Memberships or Language
|• BSc in Computer Science (or related subject) or equivalent experience
• Expert knowledge on Umbraco CMS or similar
• Working knowledge of MS Azure environment
• Experience working with APIs and integration layers
• Strong design flair
|• Knowledge of WCAG 2.1 AA or European equivalent EN301 549
• Knowledge of SSAS, SSIS and SQL Server
• Knowledge of .NET, Java, Python
• Experience in UX and customer journey mapping
• Experience or knowledge of the oil and gas industry
Application Process and Further Information
Unfortunately you do not meet minimum nationality and educational requirements of this position.
Completed applications will only be accepted via the online application process below, however, if you do require the application form in a different format please contact us at OGArecruitment@ogauthority.co.uk quoting the recruitment reference number and job title.
You should provide examples in your covering letter that best demonstrate your skills and abilities against the competencies and specialist skills. The maximum word count against each competence example is 250 words. The information you provide will be assessed during the short listing stage and if you are invited to attend an interview, the indicated competence areas will discussed further.
When completing your application, you should use the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action and Result) methodology for each competence. All appointments are subject to successful completion of pre-employment checksApply online
Inclusion and Diversity statement
The OGA is committed to embedding equality and diversity into all our policies and processes. We will aim to recruit, retain and promote staff on the basis of competence and regardless of characteristics including those listed under the Equality Act 2010. These protected characteristics are; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation.
The OGA is an accredited Disability Confident Committed employer. We have also been awarded silver accreditation for the Gender Diversity Benchmark through Business in the Community, The Prince’s Responsible Business Network. In addition, we are signed up to their Race at Work Charter and implement its five principles.