Data Governance and Quality Manager
|No. of posts:||1|
|Vacancy Reference Number:||OGA014|
|Salary range:||up to £48,794 per annum, plus benefits|
|Location:||Aberdeen or London|
|Travel to other locations with UK?||
|Appointment Term||Full time|
|Level of Security clearance||Basic|
Unless otherwise stated consideration will be given to requests to work on a part time or job share basis. Flexible working hours can also be considered.
|Closing date for applications:||06 Jul 2017|
Brief overview of role
The OGA seeks a Data Governance and Quality Manager to drive the continuous improvements in the overall posture of data across the organisation, while maintaining the on-going operational requirements of the organisation.
The Data Governance and Quality Manager will be at the forefront of developing OGA’s data landscape by fostering improvements in data and attitudes towards it. This includes developing solutions to improve quality and governance across the OGA and industry.
The role is part of a multi-disciplined team and reports to the Digital Services Manager within the Corporate directorate.
Detailed job description and key responsibilities
Key responsibilities include:
• Work with OGA directorates to establish and communicate business focused data standards
• Work with policy and operations teams to understand where Data science can add value
• Inspire best practice for data services/products
• Responsible for improving existing OGA systems and developing new solutions
• Documenting data definitions
• Defining and improving the quality of OGA reference data
• Architect the OGA’s information from internal and external sources
• Work closely with Business Intelligence and GIS specialists to identify, plan, develop and deliver data services/products
Priorities and key challenges:
The immediate priorities for the Data Scientist/Architect:
• Assess the current data structures within the OGA and make recommendations
• Work with Business Intelligence and GIS specialists develop common information/data solution
• Data mine and define OGA information
- Competence 1: Changing and Improving - Open to change and can communicate the need for it; Encourages a culture of innovation and sharing
- Competence 2: Building Capability for All - Works and communicates effectively and fluently with managers and staff - able to explain complex technical issues in terms that non-technical managers and staff will understand.
- Competence 3: Managing a Quality Service - Takes into account the diverse needs and requirements of customers; Plan, manage and organise time effectively to deliver high quality services.
- Competence 4: Delivering at Pace - Able to meet deadlines, prioritise and organise a busy schedule of work; Creative, enthusiastic and committed to the role; Proactive, taking action and anticipating opportunities.
Specialist Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Licenses, Memberships or Language
|• Suitable experience in a similar role or MSc in data science
• Strong working knowledge of database structures
• Strong problem solving and analysis skills
• Excellent communicator with good presentation skills
• Experience with technical data in the Oil and Gas industry
• Data driven focus
• Programming skills (Python , PERL and SQL)
|• Cloud environments (MS Azure)
• Machine learning
• Project Management Skills (PRINCE2 or Agile)
• Knowledge of XML databases
Application Process and Further Information
Unfortunately you do not meet minimum nationality and educational requirements of this position.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV quoting the recruitment reference number and job title to OGArecruitment@ogauthority.co.uk
You should provide examples in your covering letter that best demonstrate your skills and abilities against the competencies and specialist skills. The maximum word count against each competence example is 250 words. The information you provide will be assessed during the short listing stage and if you are invited to attend an interview, the indicated competence areas will discussed further.
When completing your application, you should use the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action and Result) methodology for each competence. All appointments are subject to successful completion of pre-employment checks
Equality and diversity statement
The OGA is committed to embedding equality and diversity into all our policies and processes. We will aim to recruit, retain and promote staff on the basis of competence and regardless of characteristics including those listed under the Equality Act 2010. These protected characteristics are; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation