Business Intelligence Developer
|No. of posts:||1|
|Vacancy Reference Number:||OGA 043|
|Location:||London or Aberdeen|
|Travel to other locations with UK?||
Ocassional travel within the UK
|Level of Security clearance||Basic|
Unless otherwise stated consideration will be given to requests to work on a part time or job share basis. Flexible working hours can also be considered.
|Closing date for applications:||19 Jan 2018|
Brief overview of role
The OGA seeks a Business Intelligence Developer to work as part of a multi-disciplined team reporting to the OGA’s Digital Services Manager.
The role will work closely with data and GIS specialists to provide services and reports for the OGA and Industry users.
The successful candidate will focus on the extraction, transformation and loading of OGA data, however the knowledge of visualisation and reporting is a requirement.
To perform the role we seek a professional business intelligence developer who can help shape the future direction of business intelligence in the OGA
Detailed job description and key responsibilities
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop tools and techniques to aid others in analysis
- Extract value from OGA and industry data stores
- Build and maintain Business Objects universes
- Provide leadership across the OGA in data driven intelligence
- Provide training to key OGA users; act as BI specialist for all users
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels to understand business requirements.
- Work closely with GIS and Data professionals to provide services across the OGA and Industry.
- Develop BI capabilities in OGA’s MS365 environment
Priorities and key challenges
The immediate priorities for the Business Intelligence Developer are as follows:
- Review Business Intelligence processes and suggest improvements.
Work with OGA business areas to understand requirements and deliver solutions.
- Competence 1: Changing and Improving - • Open to change and can communicate the need for it.
- Competence 2: Building Capability for All - • Works and communicates effectively and fluently with managers and staff - able to explain complex technical issues in terms that non-technical managers and staff will understand.
- Competence 3: Managing a Quality Service - • Takes into account the diverse needs and requirements of customers.
- Competence 4: Delivering at Pace - • Able to meet deadlines, prioritise and organise a busy schedule of work;
Specialist Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Licenses, Memberships or Language
|• MSc in Computer Science or relevant experience working in Business Intelligence
• Knowledge of designing and implementing data warehouses
• Strong working knowledge of SAP BI 4.1
• Technical experience of ETL design
|• Experience of technical data in the Oil & Gas industry
• Experience of GIS systems
• Working knowledge of ETL tools
• Cloud environments (MS Azure)
• Knowledge of XML databases
• Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture techniques/software
Application Process and Further Information
Unfortunately you do not meet minimum nationality and educational requirements of this position.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV quoting the recruitment reference number and job title to OGArecruitment@ogauthority.co.uk
You should provide examples in your covering letter that best demonstrate your skills and abilities against the competencies and specialist skills. The maximum word count against each competence example is 250 words. The information you provide will be assessed during the short listing stage and if you are invited to attend an interview, the indicated competence areas will discussed further.
When completing your application, you should use the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action and Result) methodology for each competence. All appointments are subject to successful completion of pre-employment checksApply online
Equality and diversity statement
The OGA is committed to embedding equality and diversity into all our policies and processes. We will aim to recruit, retain and promote staff on the basis of competence and regardless of characteristics including those listed under the Equality Act 2010. These protected characteristics are; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation