|No. of posts:||1|
|Vacancy Reference Number:||OGA 069|
|Travel to other locations with UK?||
some occasional travel within the UK
|Appointment Term||Full time|
|Level of Security clearance||SC clearance|
Unless otherwise stated consideration will be given to requests to work on a part time or job share basis. Flexible working hours can also be considered.
|Closing date for applications:||26 Oct 2018|
Brief overview of role
The OGA seeks an Accounts Payable finance assistant to join an established team tasked with supporting the aim of the OGA to maximise economic recovery of the UK continental shelf. This is a key position within the Finance Team, which is led by the Head of Financial Reporting.
The role will contribute to the day to day operation of the OGA’s finances and requires close working with the business and other stakeholders to ensure the robust and efficient working of the company’s finances.
The role will be based in London and is the main point of contact for all accounts payable related issues.
Detailed job description and key responsibilities
- Main point of contact for all accounts payable related issues.
- Prepare and enter invoices and other financial data for management reports on a weekly basis. Receipting invoices against purchase orders and following up on discrepancies.
- Review expenses claims against the travel policy and process these on a weekly basis.
- Emailing remittances to suppliers and staff on a weekly basis.
- Support audit processes and provide documentation to the auditors, as and when required.
- Ensure that all invoices are processed and paid in a timely manner and within the creditors payment terms on behalf of the relevant stakeholders.
- Provide cover for other team members, as required.
- Create report templates, as required by users.
- Develop, co-ordinate and maintain users and finance team procedures manuals.
- Provide administrative and systems support for finance.
- Management of delegated authority register and authorised signatories.
- Lead on document management for the finance, procurement and corporate services sections.
- Ensure the organisation complies with the public-sector transparency agenda, including travel disclosures for non-executive directors.
- Assist with contracts management work, as required.
- Assist with other finance related duties, as required.
- Competence 1: Leading and Communicating - • The successful candidate will communicate using appropriate styles, methods and timings, including digital channels to maximise understanding and impact.
- Competence 2: Seeing the bigger picture - • The successful candidate should be alert to emerging issues and trends which might impact or benefit own and teams work. Seek to understand how the services, activities and strategies in the area work together to create value for the customer / end user.
- Competence 3: Making Effective Decisions - • The successful candidate should use sound judgement, evidence and knowledge to arrive at accurate, expert and professional decisions and a drive. Being careful and insightful about the use and protection of government and public information to ensure it is handled securely and with care.
- Competence 4: Delivering at Pace - • The successful candidate should show a positive approach in keeping their own and the teams efforts focused on the goals that matter.
Specialist Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Licenses, Memberships or Language
|• Experience of working within small/medium enterprises/organisations
• Experience of working in a small finance team
• Strong Analytical skills.
• Effective communicator both verbal and written
• Ability to influence.
• Experience of systems administration.
• Able to develop specialist reports.
• Document management.
• Work closely with IT to provide an effective service to the end user.
• Integrity and ability to deal with confidential information.
• Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word
• A passion for rigorous data analysis and data integrity.
|• Experience of working within the Public Sector.
• Understanding and/or experience of the oil and gas industry.
• Train system users both within and outwith the finance department.
• Experience of developing procedures and issuing manuals.
Application Process and Further Information
Unfortunately you do not meet minimum nationality and educational requirements of this position.
Completed applications will only be accepted via the online application process below, however, if you do require the application form in a different format please contact us at OGArecruitment@ogauthority.co.uk quoting the recruitment reference number and job title.
You should provide examples in your covering letter that best demonstrate your skills and abilities against the competencies and specialist skills. The maximum word count against each competence example is 250 words. The information you provide will be assessed during the short listing stage and if you are invited to attend an interview, the indicated competence areas will discussed further.
When completing your application, you should use the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action and Result) methodology for each competence. All appointments are subject to successful completion of pre-employment checksApply online
Equality and diversity statement
The OGA is committed to embedding equality and diversity into all our policies and processes. We will aim to recruit, retain and promote staff on the basis of competence and regardless of characteristics including those listed under the Equality Act 2010. These protected characteristics are; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation.
The OGA is an accredited Disability Confident Committed employer.